Sunday, August 28, 2005

Snnnzzzz...


Jeez, this is a boring blog. So earnest!

A few notes, in lieu of real content...

Blondie is turning 75, as everyone who reads the comics already knows. Now, I like it when comic strip characters visit other comic strips -- for one day! This cross-stripping has been going on for weeks now, with all the other King Features characters showing up for Blondie and Dagwood's anniversary party. Fine, except for yesterday, when B & D showed up at Hi and Lois's house and frightened the crap out of me. They looked like they'd been drawn by a two-year-old! There oughta be some rules: When characters venture outside their own strip they must be drawn as closely as possible to the originals, and they should only do it once in a very long while, lest the authenticity of the created worlds within the strips be compromised. I don't want the King of Id sleeping on Dagwood's couch; it makes me uncomfortable.

Listened to "Simply Sean" yesterday on CBC Radio One (I know. I shouldn't be listening when the workers are locked out, but all other radio is crap in comparison! Except NPR, which doesn't come in on my kitchen radio.) Anyway, Sean Cullen's new show on the Ceeb is sooo good! He just blabs and makes me chuckle and then plays tunes that he likes. The music is almost all fabulous and he's just so hilarious and weird. Kudos to the CBC for getting Sean Cullen. In your face, CTV! (Do people still say "In your face!"?) Brent Butt is good, but he's safe and oh so Canadian. Sean Cullen is bizarre and unpredictable. Between "simply Sean" and "Wiretap", I'm ready to sell my soul to the CBC once again. Simply Sean is on Saturdays from 10-11 am.

Why are we embarrassed to be caught sleeping? A friend dropped by yesterday while I was napping on my comfy chair and I felt so silly. We wondered why that is; why do we always say no when someone calls and wakes us and asks if they woke us, even when it's obvious? Maybe it's because we're so vulnerable when we're sleeping, and that seems embarrassing once we're awake. If so, it goes to show how much of a guard we have up most of the time.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?