Monday, September 19, 2005

Emmy lowlights

Boy, was it just me or was the writing for the Emmy awards absolutely horrible? Stilted and stiff and every joke fell with a thud, except when Ellen DeGeneres was workin' her magic. The tribute to Johnny Carson delivered by Letterman was so obviously done by a different writer and well-written that it served to highlight how awful the rest was.

The Emmys are never very interesting to me (I was working on the laptop while they were on.). It's annoying the way they attach some unknown actor from a new show to a well-known one to present the awards, and the "Emmy Idol" gag was a total non-starter. Embarrassing. And Hugh Jackman hosting the Tonys wins over the Daily Show? Shah. There are so many categories that don't belong there -- How does one guest appearance compare with a recurring guest role?

Best looks? My back was turned some of the time, but I liked Debra Messing looking classic and well, I always have a bit of a hard-on for Teri Hatcher. It's an old story.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?