Saturday, September 24, 2005

Ignorance, or just not caring to know, really

My mother is a bit of a character. I love her, of course, and like her a lot most of the time, but I can't seem to shake the feeling that she just doesn't care to know me particularly well. There are lots of examples I could give, but here's one from last weekend that' s rather amusing to D. and me:

We went to her house for a little surprise party. There were a couple of casseroles, one with meat and one a tuna casserole. As everyone (except me) was chowing down, I heard my mother ask D., Does Becca eat tuna? No? Well, what will she eat then? This after I've spent 21 years as a vegetarian. D. and I crack up about this because she asks this question about twice a year, and of course the answer is always no, and of course she's always completely surprised. Kinda makes you feel special to know that your mom knows you so well, ya know. *sniff* It gets me right here.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?