Wednesday, September 28, 2005

The minor frustrations of modern life

Technology always seems to be a "two steps forward one step back" sort of thing for me. A case in point: My c.v. and writing samples are on the hard drive of my old computer. That computer is no longer connected to the internet since I got high-speed. I could download the documents onto a floppy and transfer them to my laptop, but my laptop doesn't have a floppy drive. Rats! So I have to call on my long-suffering friend to get them off my floppy and e-mail them to me. This means a walk up to his place to deliver the disk, which isn't bad in itself, but doesn't this seem like an awful pain for something so seemingly simple? My documents are trapped!

Speaking of high-speed, a note to Bell: If you want to call me and "ask a few questions" about my high-speed connection experience, don't insult and infuriate by expecting me to converse with a recording. Use a real person to actually talk and listen. Then I might not hang up immediately and you might actually find something out. It's called customer service, you fuckers, and it works for you as well as your hostages, er, customers.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?