Friday, September 30, 2005

Misc

I've got the kids home today, due to a strike with the support staff, or the teachers, or someone. I'd like to grab Jean Charest by the hair and shake him 'til he coughs up a few billion dollars for education. Not because my kids are missing school, y'understand, but because it would be fun.

In other news, I've signed up to do the driving lessons so that I can take the test and, inshallah, get my license in November. I'm still of two minds about driving, 'though I'll be happy to be able to. I just sort of like being a non-conformist and not driving a car everywhere. I like my lifestyle and it's based around walking, biking and public transit, to some extent. I have a feeling that won't change much when I get my license, as we will still have only one car and D. will take it to work most days (but he has been biking to work a lot lately. Go D.!).

We are getting new neighbours tomorrow. Apparently it's a couple and their two daughters, age 19 and 20 (the daughters are 19 and 20, not the parents). The mother is Russian and the Dad is Franco-Quebecois. D. joked about hoping to see a hot Russian chick sunbathing in the backyard and I said to him well she might be a lot older than us, you know, to which he looked puzzled and said -- say it with me, ye males of the species -- I was thinking of the daughters, not the mother. I was shocked for about one second, until I remembered that I spent a lot of time at the pool this summer enjoying the unobstructed views of my 17-year-old neighbour boy with his shirt off, working as a lifeguard. Talk about yer Desperate Housewife.

I hope the new neighbours are nice. And fat.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?