Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Oh, that Labour Day weekend

Got back last night from a couple of days up north at my sister's. It was truly beautiful. We sat in the sun and talked, went down to their beach, had a bonfire and looked at the star-filled night sky, and had a little ride in the boat. What a way to wrap up the summer. Labour Day weekend is such a treat.

Time with my sister, her husband and their sons (their daughter lives in Mtl) is always great. Being with my sister fills some sort of gap in my life that I forget is there until I see her.

The baby wasn't at her best; she was a bit sick and out of sorts at being in another place. Even the chickens made her cry, and she was very difficult during the night, something that's really never happened before. This put a bit of a damper on things for me (exhaustion, ya know?), but the kids and Dave had a great time and, as I said, I just love spending time with my sister J.

Back to the grind today! Mind you, I didn't get out of my PJs 'til 11:30, so I guess "the grind" is all relative, eh? Sorry, working stiffs!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?