Friday, September 02, 2005

Sniff!

Yesterday was the first day of school for my 2 older children. Although I 've been looking forward to their return to school and a return to some kind of structure in our family life, I felt a little pang watching them go off with their new teachers. Kids are so brave; we're always asking them to do new things and change and they go into the unknown over and over, giving us a small, wide-eyed smile over their shoulders to reassure us.

Well, my kids do, anyway. I saw plenty of sad and crying kids and felt my heart twist watching them cling to their mothers. So sad! My children have never really done that; they are pretty independent and confident by nature and they both said to me on the first day of kindergarten: "Okay mommy, you can go now." This after about 5 minutes, when I wanted to stay and look around and meet all the other kids!

They were both excited and eager to start school again, and they seem to be happy with their teachers and their classmates. I'm happy for them; another year of learning and fun and new experiences. It's definitely a cliché, but they grow up unbelievably fast -- grade 1 and grade 3 already!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?