Thursday, October 13, 2005

Baby Einstein

Have I ever told you that my baby's a genius? Of course, all three of my kids are super-intelligent, and you know that's true because I'm saying it, and I'm their mother, okay? But really, this newest one is pretty amazing. Here's an update:

She's walking -- Hooray! She wasn't early on this, not by a long shot, but she's loving being an air-dweller, after spending her whole life as a ground-dweller. The walking is an exciting development; everything changes for a baby when he/she learns to walk. You can see them having fun with it, and they look different upright, like a kid instead of a little baby.

She's still pretty bald. The tufts are getting bigger, but she's still mostly follicley-challenged. Her hair is quite light, kind of a strawberry blonde.

She talks! This is the genius part: She has a large vocabulary, as she's been saying identifiable words for a long time, but just lately she seems to be having a development-spurt, picking up at least 2 new words a day and even (drumroll please) putting words together in phrases! I find this truly amazing. I'm sure my other ones weren't doing this so early. The other day she got up on the armchair and looked over the back of it, where she usually spots one or more toys that have fallen or been kicked back there. She's looking over and says "All gone down dere?" and sure enough I looked with her and there were no toys there.

Some of her newest words are:

Cow
Piggy
Stick
Water
Loud (pointing to the blow-dryer)

Thanks for permitting me this mother moment. I'll try to refrain from bragging about my kids for at least another week. You may go back to your very important lives now.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?