Saturday, October 29, 2005

A day for theatre, art and architecture

My friend L. left today. I won't see her now until next summer, and I'm already looking forward to it.

My head is killing me, a mother of a headache that acetaminophen cannot touch. I took the older kids to a play today, a fun Robert Munsch piece that made everyone laugh and put us all in a good mood, so we walked around downtown in the sun afterwards, and even went up into the new engineering building at my old university. It's quite a beautiful building that feels good within, full of sunlight and varied textures and feelings of both space and comfort at the same time. I approve, but I don't have to use it. We went up to the 14th floor and looked out at the city, including an empty patch of land right beside the new building. Wonder how long that will remain a wee sodden bit of grass... We also visited the art gallery in the university, which featured a sculpture that appeared to be a werewolf in the process of exploding into some kind of mirrored glass structure. You had to be there.

You can have plenty of fun downtown without spending money, if you're willing to put up with requests for food at 5-minute intervals.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?