Tuesday, October 18, 2005

The death of my brain continues apace

For the first time ever, I actually missed a book club meeting because I didn't really know it was going to happen!

I felt terrible when the friend who was hosting it called me up and asked if I was coming, about 15 minutes after I should have been there. Yikes. I really did want to go to this meeting, too. I have felt like having a good ol' chinwag with these friends for a while. But I didn't organize this meeting, and in fact I didn't even know that it had been confirmed for that date. So I never marked it on my calendar, and if it ain't on the calendar, it ain't gonna happen, as far as I'm concerned.

I could have gone over when she called, but I've been sick for over a week, and haven't taken any time to rest, really. The fact is that when she called I had just sat down after a busy busy day, and had lost all momentum and was descending into inertia.

I hope it was a good meeting, and I'm sorry I wasn't there. I want to have another one soon, like, within a month. I'll organize it this time!

A couple of notes on the baby:

She now says "oopie" whenever something falls or she bangs into something. She gets it from me saying "Whoopsie!", but it's so much cuter when she says it.

Walking is so much better than crawling, cuz you can suck your thumb while doing it, and even carry around Do-do, your stuffed dolphin and very best friend.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?