Thursday, October 20, 2005

Some days...

I'm not a very happy little girl today, tho' I am happier than yesterday, simply because the sun -- The Sun!! -- is out after, what, 8 days of rain?

Why am I feeling like shit? Well thanks for asking!

1) Remember how I very cockily said that-- and I quote -- driving is easy? Well, consider me suitably chastened. It sucks to suck at something. I feel like a little kid again, and the only upside of that is that I understand how much it sucks sometimes to be a little kid and have to learn every damn thing.

2) We have no money -- again -- and dipping into your credit line just to pay the phone bill blows like Wilma.

3) I have been chugging cranberry juice and gobbling acetominophen for a week now. If you're a woman, you can probably guess why. My beloved doctor phoned in a prescription for antibiotics to my pharmacy yesterday, but after 2 of the pills I feel even worse. They'd better start working or I'm gonna freak out on somebody's ass, and the only ones around are D. and my kids, and they don't deserve that.

4) This season of The Amazing Race is an incredible disappointment so far. As pathetic as it is, I feel so let down that something I look forward to each week sucks like the screaming vortex of death. Okay, maybe not that bad, but the families don't have the same personality draw as couples, and it's been , like four episodes and they're still in the States? I'm sure it has to do with legal and safety precautions for the kids on the show, but it's so uninteresting to watch. And the challenges? They're hardly worthy of the name. Again because of the children involved, but at some point, the producers should have said, um, maybe having kids on the show isn't such a great idea. If they're trying to draw kids to their audience, I'd say they don't have to do a family version. My kids are fascinated by The Amazing Race just as it is. And they learn something when the racers travel to different countries.

What a small, sorry little life I lead. Normally that makes me happy, but today not so much. I think I'm gonna go see if I can apply to be on The Amazing Race. Apparently it brings meaning to one's life!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?