Friday, October 07, 2005

Wheels

I drove a car for the very first time in my life last night. I couldn't believe the instructor let me drive it, right out into the street, after only about 3 minutes sitting behind the wheel!

I did pretty well, and wasn't nervous at all. I liked it, found it fun and challenging while at the same time thinking, what's the big deal about driving? It's so easy! Well, I know that the big deal was only my own procrastination and borderline poverty, but it really is easy to drive a car, isn't it? Of course, I haven't faced the really challenging stuff yet, but I'm not worried about it. It's fun. My instructor is great. She's this amazingly confident and funny woman from St. Lucia who runs two businesses, a driving school and nanny agency, on her own. She blabbed the whole time I was driving, so that I almost forgot I was taking a lesson. She's cool and I feel like it's gonna be a good experience taking the course with her. And she'll come with me to the SAAQ road test, and offered to look after the baby for me while I'm out doing the test.

All in all, I'm happy I'm doing this, even if some guy shouted at me that cars are killing the earth. It seemed like an omen, but a very funny omen, so it's cool.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?