Thursday, November 24, 2005

Baby post

An update on my big bundle of Joy:

She's so incredibly cute. This is not new, obviously, but now that she's 18 months I remember why I have always loved this age. She's always talking and doing funny things, like turning upside-down and looking through her legs, smiling and saying "Hi!" to strangers on the city bus, opening the little doors in her baby books and saying "H'lo!" in different little character voices, etc... It's too much cuteness for a mother to bear.

She's still shy and a real mommy's girl, which I would change if I could. I like my kids to be outgoing and friendly, even if they're shy by nature. I just think it's polite to engage with people when they talk to you. But she's still little, and she's learning to trust the world around her. I'm not pushing her.

She's learning new words at an impressive pace. Some of my favourites from among her new words:

Snow
Happy
Fifi (her nickname)
blankie (pron. binky)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?