Friday, November 18, 2005

Bliss?

We are on Day 2 of a 5-day weekend for my two older kids, thanks to 2 "professional days" and a strike day scheduled for Monday. I could view this as precious time spent with my wonderful children-who-grow-up-too-fast, or I could see it as a character-building exercise, or as practice for their upcoming 25-day (!) Christmas holiday. But I view it as an occasion to let my housekeeping go and work on my primal-scream therapy. Well, maybe not primal-scream so much as just regular scream, and not so much therapy as its opposite, depression.

But seriously, I'm feeling very good at the moment because the 2 older kids are out at friends' for a couple of hours while the baby takes a long nap. I am relaxing and whistling to my birds. Life is good. But that doesn't mean that Jean Charest isn't getting a strongly-worded missive about my complete and utter fed-up-edness concerning his government's negotiations with teachers. To whit: Jean Charest, if you think that dragging this thing out is going to make this parent angry with the teachers and withdraw my support for their demands, I would like to invite you to have a look at the dartboard in my basement; it has your face on it -- and it is full of many many holes... kind of like your government's image these days. And yer head!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?