Monday, November 14, 2005

A link for yuz

I do some freelance writing for a web project at the National Film Board. It's a great job, where I get to watch documentaries and write synopses of them. The challenge in it is the fact that I have to write short, medium and long descriptions of the film or clip, with very stringent length restrictions, ie., character counting rather than word counting.

All this to intro a link to the site, called CitizenShift, which I think is a very cool way to get social issues, and the documentaries that people are making about them, into the public arena. You can watch docs or follow the making of a doc by watching clips and reading materials from the directors and producers. If you bookmark the site and come back to it now and again, I guarantee you'll be a better-informed citizen as a result.

The latest one I wrote about is up now, and while it's still a work-in-progress, I think it will be a very good film, by 2 young Montreal directors. It's called Diversidad, and it's about food security and agriculture in a global economy.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?