Sunday, November 20, 2005

This blog post: Nominated for 864 Gemini Awards

I'm starting to experience stress-insomnia about my road test, which is coming up this Friday. I've tried not to be nervous about any of this, and have succeeded, for the most part, in enjoying the lessons. I'd just better not screw up the test, because we are so low on money we can't afford to waste any, and the test costs plenty. Best not to think about it, right? Good thing I have my trusty blog to talk to, to get it out of my system.

I've been hustling a little bit to get some new freelance work, but no leads so far. My web site will be done soon, and it's pretty. Once it "goes live" (I love that expression!) I guess I'll start pushing for work. Apparently December is the best time of the year to look for a job. Did you know that? It's counter-intuitive (and possibly untrue), but supposedly it has to do with year-end budgets or some such blahdy-blah. We'll see, eh?

The kids are out bowling with D. and I'm enjoying a bit of time by myself. I probably should have gone to see a movie like I intended, but I'm too damn lazy. Unfortunately staying home means that I'll probably end up washing the floor instead of having some down-time. But really, how often do I get the opportunity for uninterrupted mopping? Carpe Diem! (That's Latin for "sieze the mop")

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?