Saturday, December 31, 2005

Enough with the schmaltz!

Okay. The blog is officially out of the Christmas-special zone, where everybody hugs and forgives and, wait... did we just spy a twinkling light and hear a faint ring of sleighbells outside the window?

We're having a little New Year's Eve get-together tonight, and I made the mistake of saying it was a dinner. Now I have to cook, and my house is so messy I don't know where to start. Looks like the lights will be turned low and some prepared foodstuffs might find their way onto my table. Whenever I plan something like this, I see myself cleaning and cooking in an empty house, humming to myself and smiling. Why? That's not my reality! I never cook without a toddler at my knee, either yelling or asking repeatedly to nurse. It's never relaxing, never fun, never meditative. What was I thinking?

Will it all turn out well in the end? Tune in next time to the reality-TV hit, The Mommy! (it's just like The Nanny, but the chick who looks after the kids isn't as cute. Plus, she actually looks after the kids, sort of.)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?