Monday, December 19, 2005

Post-Pageant acquaintances

My kids and I were walking down the street in our neighbourhood the other day when I spotted a familiar face. Walking towards us were a mother and grandmother with a little baby in a pram. "Look guys, it's baby Jesus!" I said, at the same time as the woman and her mother exclaimed "Look! It's the virgin Mary!", pointing to my daughter. We met up and talked a little, the grandmother echoing the thoughts of many who attended that my daughter was, in fact, the most perfect Mary ever, because she "looks like someone in a Renaissance painting! And so serious!" Being a nice person and not a pedant, I refrained from pointing out that Mary probably didn't have blond hair and creamy white skin. Besides, I like hearing how lovely my daughter is.

As we walked away, my son mused that "We still don't know what those people's real names are."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?