Thursday, January 12, 2006

The beautiful fluffy snow is melting. It's wet and slushy and gross out, and even though it's mild, the damp makes you feel cold.

I love winter, and this winter has been so incredible so far, I'm sad to see this sloppy kind of weather take over. It's just so 2004-2005. I have loved all the snow, the perfect winter temperatures (sub-zero but warmer than -10) and the lovely winter skies. The fact that my kids are total snow nuts makes this winter all the more fun. They play outside more in the winter than in summer, finding more enjoyment in a driveway-ful of snow than in all the flowers and grass and bugs you can shake a stick at. Our driveway now boasts a really fast sled run and a fort, while the backyard has a "village" of streets and huts.

Walking around town with the baby is always a challenge in winter, but I am strong like ox, so I can pull or push her through just about anything in one of our baby-conveyances: stroller, sled or wagon. People who drive cars all the time must be such weaklings. (joke)

It's taken me 37 years to realize that, for all the beauty and colour of summer, I am more of a winter person. Pretty good for someone who has never skied or learned to skate.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?