Sunday, January 08, 2006

A couple of my favourite things

Up late last night doing a bit of writing that had to be turned around quickly. At the end of it, once I'd sent it off to team leader, I felt tired but thought, Y'know, I like this. I like writing so much it doesn't feel like work. That's a great thing. If only I could make even half a living doing it.

I got to do quite a lot of another thing I like doing, earlier in the day. I spent a couple of hours outside with my kids, sliding down our driveway and occasionally lying down in the snow and looking up at the sky through the tree branches. The trees that seem so bare and dead are really not, when you really look at them for a long time. Some of them have little buds all over them, and of course they all have a contingent of sparrows and squirrels running around minding their birdy and squirelly business. And the trees just feel alive, somehow, as flaky as that sounds.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?