Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Misc. musings

My sister just called from Germany and asked how the election seems to be shaping up. She was more than a little dismayed to learn that Stephen Harper may soon be our Prime Minister. I'm with her. The man looks like a soulless corporate wank straight out of Central Casting. I'm flabbergasted at the awfulness of the Liberals' campaign, though. Their campaign manager should be taken out and flogged in the public square for his dire misreading of the public mood. Like I would tell any naughty child: When you've been caught with your hand in the cookie jar, it's not appropriate to go talking about how bad all the other kids are. If any party shouldn't have whipped out the attack ads, it's them. Know what I mean?

I've started reading a new (for me) author that I'm enjoying very much: Paul Auster. He writes very intricate stories that are at once philosophical explorations, psychological investigations and ripping good yarns. Highly recommended.

The baby had a babysitter yesterday as I had my first day at work on my new contract. The job is going to be fun, but it's a tiny bit scary. If I screw up, I may never get this kind of work again. Unfortunately I'm not beyond screwing up. Please wish me luck, friends!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?