Friday, January 27, 2006

Of work, play and dreams

I seem to be posting a little less frequently lately. Well, there's a good reason for that. I'm crazy busy again. The work contract began with a very short deadline, and once I've got past that, the work will calm down a bit. Unfortunately, my writing contract with another employer has also heated up for the same week, so I'm trying to keep it all together. The work and stress isn't so bad; it's the resulting insomnia that makes things harder to handle. But I can't complain. The jobs are good, fun, flexible, part-time and well-paid. And I seem to have found the most wonderful babysitter on the planet. What more could a non-conformist mom ask for?

I went out and played badminton on Wednesday night. What fun! We've decided we're going to join. It's super-cheap and accessible and totally relaxed, and I think D. and I are going to "share" the membership and go on different nights. We both love badminton. Who doesn't? Too bad we can't play together, but someone's got to be at home in case the smoke detector starts beeping.

I had a great dream with Johnny Depp in it last night. My movie-star dreams are so innocent and fun. We were at a big, raucus dinner party and he poured some beer in my glass and spilled a little on me. When I made a face about it he jumped up, pulled down some curtains and ran around the table to my side in grand style, flourishing the curtain in a Capt. Jack Sparrow-like dramatic performance that made everyone laugh. When he had blotted the front of my shirt with the curtain I thanked him and kissed him on the cheek, and... the baby started crying and I woke up. Ain't it always the way? Until next time, my dream-friend!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?