Monday, February 13, 2006

When Monday feels like the weekend

I got to the end of this past weekend feeling like I'd been run over by a truck. Our life as a family was so insanely busy that the house got twice as messy as it usually does on a weekend, and I forgot to bake the chocolate muffins that I had promised to contribute to my kids' school's Teacher Appreciation Week. The parents make a little catered luncheon every day and fix up the teachers' lounge during the week. I always contribute something, but this time I plum forgot!

A contributing factor in the exhaustedness of Sunday evening was the fact that we went to a rockin' party on Saturday night. Excellent fun, and we got to see friends we haven't seen in years. We left the babysitter, a young boy from next door, sitting on the couch with his book and came back to find him in exactly the same position, so we assumed things had gone well. We were wrong. The baby had woken up and had been very upset and he had been unable to console her. And you know what? My wonderful big girl (8 years old) got up to help, cuddled her baby sister and brought her into bed with her and stayed awake with her until she was sleepy enough to go to bed happily. I'm so proud of my sweet daughter. I'll bet our babysitter was glad to have her there, too! Boy everybody was tired the next day, though.

After running all weekend, today feels a little like sanity, even though I've had to come into work and deal with a crazy unexpected deadline crisis. It's all relative.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?