Tuesday, May 30, 2006

After-dinner show

My kids like to watch my neighbour cut his grass. I feel sorry for my neighbours.

On a "head shaking with disbelief" note:

I'm rarely surprised at how low the news media can sink, but even I was dismayed this morning to see an article on the front page of the Arts and Life section of the Gazette passing on the gossip that Brad and Angelina's baby is beautiful. A breathless world now sighs with relief!

What was even more pathetic was the speculation that the baby might have been conceived -- conceived! in Canada. Are we really such sad creatures that we're interested (and even proud!) to know where these people had the sex that led to the pregnancy that led to this baby? Sometimes I do give in to despair.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?