Monday, May 08, 2006

"I'n NOT a baby!"

Our beautiful baby girl turned two yesterday. It was a wonderful day, full of balloons and presents and cake and people who love her and think that everything she does is so cute and funny we want to stop time just to drink her in, just the way she is now, a little more and a little longer.

Two is so amazing. It's the age where a baby becomes a little person, with her own views and opinions and sense of humour and so much more. I secretly cringe when people automatically say "oh, terrible twos eh?" when I tell them that she's (turning) two. I know it's just something to say, and people don't think about what they're saying when they say that sort of thing, but two is so wonderful I feel like I want to share it and tell them that two is the age where my children became my friends, people I want to hang out with more than anyone else in the world.

My daughter, F., is so good at talking and so smart that she's been like a 2-year-old for the last few months, joking and sharing her thoughts, and this morning when she woke up she told me something that I think might have been what she was dreaming before I came up and got her from bed. I like that. I like it when my kids tell me about their dreams.

Last week my older kids were doing their homework in the dining room while F. was playing nearby. I was in the adjacent bathroom when I heard her say in a loud and forceful tone "I'n not a baby. I'n a big guhw!" It was so cute and funny that since then the kids keep asking her Are you a baby, Fi-fi? Her answer varies, but she has amended it to include both her baby and big girl identities. She's in between the two, and that's fine.

I took lots of birthday pictures with my new camera, but after D. spent hours trying to figure out how to load them on to the computer, we still can't do it. We are missing some software that we couldn't find on the web. Sorry! Technical difficulties, innit?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?