Friday, May 12, 2006

Misc.

I did go back to listen to Richard Rohr on the third night of his series, and found the whole experience very enriching and inspiring. In one way he didn't tell me anything I hadn't already heard, but everything he said made sense and reminded me that my soul is on a journey in this life, and that I need to be more aware of that journey if my life is going to have anything like the meaning it could have.

Just got a little e-mail from my team leader after sending in some writing. She gave me a little compliment on the work I did, and I couldn't believe how good it made me feel. A little affirmation goes a long way, especially when you work from home and don't get the positive feedback that friends and colleagues give you in an office setting. I've never even met my team leader, despite having worked with her for the last 6 months!

A small baby note: As her language develops, it's interesting to see how F. puts things together when she has to say something that she hasn't heard from us before; in other words, how she creates grammatical structures on her own when she's not mimicking them. This morning she laughed at a dog on TV and said to me "Look mommy, he's peeking a boo."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?