Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Really obvious hinting...It's not just for kids anymore!

Some of you may have noticed that I've mentioned my lack of (and desire for) a digital camera in a few of my recent posts. This was not, believe it or not, conscious hinting, however obvious it looks to me now that I read back. In fact I am against the idea of using one's blog to get stuff or money from others. (IMHO "wish lists" are just crass; you'll never see one on this blog.) However, I had been feeling like I wanted a digital camera for many reasons, and one of them was to help to jazz up my blog. So I guess I mentioned it a few times, aaaand...

My friend Maggie came by for a visit and pulled a digital camera out of her purse and gave it to me! Thankyou M! The kids are so excited and so am I. This is a real luxury for us, and something I wouldn't have bought myself, because there are just too many essentials that should be bought first. So I'm pretty chuffed about my new (to me) camera. Unfortunately I can't put up any pictures yet, because the battery died and I haven't got a new one yet. But stay tuned! I hope to get a new battery and a pic before the Magnolia tree loses its flowers.

This is the first time I've turned on my computer in almost a week, and the holiday was good for me, if not for my blog. We went to the bird sanctuary at the Lachine rapids on the weekend and had a lovely time. It's a very beautiful and relaxing place. You can see nature up close, including muskrats, turtles and not-yer-garden-variety birds. And the rapids are impressive of course. They inspire me. When I saw them and heard them I immediately felt as though I live in a small section of time that, if I knew how, I could expand so that I could look into and touch the past and the future. Nature enlarges me and makes me feel as though my consciousness could be unlimited if I only knew how to release it.

Coming soon...pictures!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?