Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Work Woes

I'm looking for a part-time job. It doesn't really matter what it is, as long as it pays money and is relatively consistent.

I saw an ad in the paper for part-time work in an organic food store and thought Hmm, I think I'd like that. I may apply, but I don't think they'd ever consider me. I'm way "over-qualified", a classification that irks me because, if I'm applying for the job and I know what my experience consists of, it would seem that I'm willing to do it, y'know? I'm also, unfortunately, underqualified, as I've never worked in retail. In fact I've never worked in a service job either, and the lack of these experiences disqualifies me from a whole lot of jobs. When I started my working life it was in clerical and administrative jobs and I missed out on the waitressing/bar staff/store clerk experience that so many people have.

I just want a little easygoing part-time job to bring our family income up a bit and get me into a new environment for a while every week. Doesn't seem like too much to ask, does it?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?