Sunday, July 02, 2006

What I Will Remember

Maybe knowing that it may be the last year we'll do it makes it sweeter, but whatever the reason, I really treasured last night when I woke my 2 older kids up to go out on the driveway and watch the fireworks. We'd been at the Canada Day party in our local park earlier in the day and everyone had had a good time: parade, bouncy castles, pony rides, hot dogs and cotton candy and a high school band all made for a day right out of a Norman Rockwell painting.

But watching the fireworks and giggling and oohing and aahing out in the dark with two sleepy, excited children in their pyjamas was the icing on the cake of a day that was so perfect it felt surreal somehow.

Comments:
Why would it be the last year? Is Quebec cancelling Canada Day?
 
Not that I know of...

I think it may be the last year because the kids are asking if they can stay at the party until the fireworks, rather than go home and go to bed and wake up for them. I think next year I'll have to let them stay.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?