Friday, August 25, 2006

Back from Vacation

Sorry for the interruption in my ultra-fascinating blog. I know you're all on the edge of your seats wondering how the deck turned out and how our vacation went.

Well, wonder no more, loyal reader(s?). The deck is awesome. I feel so cool saying "Let's eat out on the deck tonight" and when I go out to have my coffee on it in the morning I forget that we actually don't have much money. I feel as rich as any rich person, surveying the grounds and basking in my own personal sun. It's like a little vacation every time we go out there.

Our actual vacation was another instance of how we are the luckiest family alive. Remember that it was a last-minute arrangement, for not much money, so if the cottage had been a filthy wreck on the shores of a toxic waste dump I would have made do and been grateful for the chance to get away from it all, or rather bring it all with me and deal with it in a different location, but, um...what was I saying? Oh yeah, as it turned out the house was gorgeous; a log cabin with a dishwasher, better appliances than ours, two bathrooms with showers, 3 bedrooms, wood stove, super clean and comfortable, etc. But best of all it was facing a beautiful lake that tumbled over a waterfall on the side of the house into a bubbling river that ran alongside and into the back of the property. I will post pictures and you won't believe it, it was so incredible. And, to boot, the entrance to the cottage grounds was a horse farm, so the kids could wander up any time and feed horses, llamas and goats. Honestly, we couldn't have hoped for a better place and time. The weather was fine and sunny and we were just spoiled, that's all.

If life is like a box of chocolates, we've spent the last couple of weeks eating all the truffles and caramel-filled ones. I've never met a chocolate I didn't like, so that simile doesn't really work for me, but we've definitely been feasting on the good life. I'm very grateful for it.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?