Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Limbo land

Our life is in a "transition period" yet again -- just to keep us on our toes, y'know? D. has started a new shift at work that has him working from 2 to 10 week nights (including Friday, which has been "our night" for a couple of years now. Me sad.). The change has its mix of good and bad; D. gets to see a lot more of our littlest one, who is home with me (and now him). He doesn't see all that much of the older kids, just mornings before school. The evenings are hard on me, because it means homework, supper, baths, bed, lunch preparation and clean-up are all my responsibility, where we used to share the work.

Also, D. is going to go back to school in January and I have to find a job. Either part-time or full-time, but no matter what, I must work to increase our family income because we are living in the red. I can't complain about this; I've had almost 10 years without working full-time. I don't really want to work full-time, but if a great job came up and it demanded my full-time commitment, I would take it. D. would be the at-home parent, going to school part-time. Oy. Just thinking about it gives me a headache, but the present situation is just not tenable, so we gots to do somethin'.

Ideally I would get something part-time that pays reasonably well. That's worked well in the past, and might be possible now. Anyway, in the words of Camper Van Beethoven, "Everything seems to be up in the air at this time."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?