Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Misc. crap

Poor D. He spent about 6 hours yesterday doing a job that I insisted he do, a job that I figured would take about 2 hours, tops. We replaced our big orange behemoth of a fridge with a small white one given to us by our neighbour. We downsized our fridge capacity significantly. I always felt the big fridge was too big, and it was about 2/3 full of stuff we never touched, and I figure we only used the front 12 inches of the thing for our actual usable groceries. So in the interest of keeping energy consumption down and not having more than we need, we made the switch. We'll see if we regret it down the road, but it takes up so much less kitchen space and that's already a very good thing. Perhaps the best thing about it was the cleaning that we did in order to make the switch: Filthy floor is now sparkling, Junk baskets full of dead batteries, old watches and Canadian Tire money are now organized and much emptier, inside of both fridges are clean and the new one is positively sanitized.

It's insane how happy this makes me.

And the best thing of all? I found my wedding ring in the bottom of one of the junk baskets. I'm certain you could have seen my smile with Google Earth. I'll write a post about that whole 2-years-without-a-wedding-ring thing later.

To change the subject: I tried to install a "site meter", in order to give myself a laugh at the paltry number of visits this blog gets. It didn't work. You can see the rather sad little rectangle over to the right there, not looking like a site meter at all, and definitely not counting. Now I don't know how to remove it, and I sure as hell don't know what I did wrong. Oh well, I'll just make up a number of visits; let's say, um, 200, 586. Not bad eh?

Comments:
welcome back lyle! Thanks for the info.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?