Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Second thoughts

Some of you very astute readers may have noticed that I deleted the post that I wrote the day after last Wednesday's shootings at Dawson College.

I often experience twinges of self-doubt after posting to the blog; I guess that's pretty common and natural. With that post, however, I felt differently. After looking around the web at different blogs and reading the papers I decided that the world didn't need another comment on the whole bloody thing. I didn't regret saying that I felt terrible for the killer's parents; I still do. I also feel hideous for the parents of the poor girl who was killed and the parents of the injured kids, one of them still in critical condition. I just felt kinda sick of the "blogosphere" and all the knee-jerk reactions I read there every day. Normally I like that it's like that, that people just post what they're thinking and feeling, sometimes in response to a (very recent) major event. But sometimes I don't really want to be a part of all the empty blahdy-blah. Sometimes I hate blogs, even the good ones. That was one of those times. That's all.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?