Monday, October 23, 2006

Sog

I'm disappointed today because I can't go out tonight to a movie screening that I really, really wanted to attend. It's for a flic called American Hardcore, about the hardcore music scene in the 80s, basically saying that it was a leftist movement during the Reagan era. This is pretty much the exact same idea that I had for a radio documentary that I wanted to pitch to Ideas on CBC last year. It would have been great if the two could have come out at the same time. I chickened out of the pitch to Ideas (well, got real, perhaps; my life at the moment would not really be amenable to the creation of a radio doc). In any case, the film is of great interest to me, obviously. I was also excited about going because I suspect that the screening might bring out some of the old hardcore MTL folks whom I haven't seen in many a long year.

The problem is that D. works the evenings now, and finding a sitter on a Monday evening is tough. My friend just volunteered, but for various reasons I declined (with gratitude!) to do it on such short notice. Supper, bedtimes, lunches and tidying make for very busy evenings around here, and I don't know if I want to inflict that on her, so I would probably go mad trying to get loads done before she arrived and I don't feel up to it. It's also raining and cold and I have no money for cabs and public transit.

So circumstances and my own inertia conspire to keep me from doing something I really wanted to do. Phooey!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?