Friday, November 03, 2006

Strange

D. and I went through a slightly bizarre experience this morning. A nurse came over to take our blood and urine, in order to have them tested by our (potentially possible) life insurance company. The co. wants to know a lit-tle bit more about us than the application/brochure asked us, so they send a rather testy, very businesslike lady to bustle into our home and stick us with needles and order us to the bathroom to fill bottles. Despite the intrinsic scariness of the whole surreal thing I refused to be intimidated and took the attitude that I have nothing to hide and they'd be lucky to insure such a healthy, fit person as myself. I told the truth on her extensive questionnaire because hey, she's got my blood and urine, so why lie? So I may not be accepted, but whatever. Then I'd just be no worse off than I am today. I hate the idea of paying these people for the rest of my life anyway.

Halloween was fun. The kids were too cute, our immediate neighbourhood had a great many houses decorated and handing out candy, and the little one got to actually go to the doors and say "trick or treat!" with her big sister and brother, which was very fun. She did a great job; all that practice paid off! They were nice and polite and said Thank you each time (a surprisingly rare thing among the kids I see trick-or-treating). We didn't get tons of candy, but that's a good thing because we never eat more than a third of it anyway. I say "we" for obvious reasons; I'm a good mother, throwing myself in front of my children's cavity-free teeth and taking the chocolate hit as much as I can, for the good of the children, y'know?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?