Monday, November 13, 2006

Update on a Big Guhw

It's been a while since I wrote about Fi-fi, so here's a wee update:

She's quite tall now. She's just gone through a growth spurt that turned all of her pants into floods and all of her long sleeves into 3/4-length sleeves. We've started going to story-time at our local children's library, as well as to a play group in the neighbourhood. I'm doing this much later with her than with the others, for a couple of reasons: She naps early in the day, so she was either asleep or dangerously grumpy at the time when most toddler activities tend to take place. Also, I guess I didn't need to join a play group as badly as I did with the first two, because I'm working more and I also have a little more of a network of friends with children, so having coffee and talking about parenting took place in our homes rather than in a church basement or (as with my present play group) park chalet.

F. loves, loves, loves doing these things with other children. She plays well, shares well (better than pretty much everyone else; why don't more parents teach their kids to share?), interacts well, etc. Best of all she just likes to be around other kids and babies and isn't afraid to walk into a new situation. I'm still her favourite, of course, but I think she'll have an easy time making new friends when she gets a bit older.

She talks constantly, giving a running narration all day long, even if I'm not in the same room. Yesterday we were playing with 2 blocks, pretending they were "friends" doing things together like sliding and riding in a wagon and jumping up and down, when I told her that I needed to get dressed and I'd be back to play some more when I was done. "Okay mommy!" So I went upstairs and brushed my teeth and washed my face and when I came out of the bathroom she called upstairs "Are you ready to come back and play now?" To which I replied that I had washed up but still had my clothes to put on. She replied, "Okay, mommy. I'm being reeeeeaaaall patient." Oh, the cuteness of it all. Sometimes I think I'm going to dissolve in an ecstasy of cuteness. It's so cliché to say it, but it's a good thing there's so much sweetness in raising children; it makes the hard times so worth it.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?