Monday, November 06, 2006

Wa wa wi wa!

Went to see Borat on Saturday night. (Babysitters! cinema! A pre-movie drink! like real people!) We were in a huge theatre, packed to the doors, and it was really fun. The film itself is quite shocking in many respects. Very funny in many many places. I was surprised that he didn't tone the character down at all for a big-budget film. I'd say that he actually went further with the satire, with really borderline scenes, even for me and I'm a fan and think that I "get" what he's trying to do. I'm glad to see him doing this; I think we haven't seen as courageous a comedian since Andy Kaufman, and he's much better and what he's doing is more important, IMHO. I'm even more pleased to see that loads of people are going to see the movie. I hope it gets people talking and thinking.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?