Monday, January 29, 2007

Misc.

I've started working outside the home again, just 2 days a week, with the equivalent of about a day's work done at home during the other days. It feels...okay. I don't do change well, even when the change is to something as familiar as the same job I did last year, in the same office, even the same desk. It's a great job, actually: interesting, challenging, varied, well-paid and extremely flexible and with a lot of autonomy. The downside to it is that it carries a huge responsibility and so it's stressful in that sense. I'm hoping that I'll handle that aspect of it a little better this time around as I'm not doing it for the first time.

My friend is babysitting for me, and I couldn't be happier about that arrangement. She's probably the one person who might be a better "mother" to my children than I am!

I saw a fantastic TV version of Jane Eyre last night on Masterpiece Theatre. Everything about it was superb; the acting, the cinematography, the adaptation. I was thrilled and heartbroken and confused and frightened in all the right places. Jane Eyre is my favourite book, and my first-born child's middle name is Jane because of that. I'm so happy I got to see this magnificent interpretation of a beautiful work of literature.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?