Monday, January 08, 2007

Update

Christmas was lovely, as always. This was the first Christmas where F. had an inkling of who Santa Claus is and what he does. For my eldest child, this is probably the last Christmas with that belief; I think she only believes now through an act of will, and generosity toward her parents, who go to all that trouble, after all (Hey, the reindeer's carrots don't get all chewed and shredded by themselves, and Santa's whiskers don't get left on the cookie plate by magic...or do they?)

All was well and happy and there were some genuinely beautiful and touching moments. New Year's eve was lots of fun, a happy supper with 3 families (9 kids at the table!), ending at 9 p.m., thereby letting us have the quiet movie night we wanted. Perfect.

My daughter and I went to see Lord of the Dance on Saturday and had a blast. It's fun to go to Place des Arts and that's a surprisingly good show, and the audience was enthusiastic, which made it all the more fun. Good entertainment and the best company; U. is so much fun to hang around with.

Things are changing for us again. D. is back to the day shift (Yay!) except for Thursdays, which I think we can manage. As of next week I'll be working part-time away from home on a contract. This is the same contract that nearly drove me crazy with stress last year, but I'm being positive and hoping I'll have an easier time this year because I've done it before. D. is also taking an evening course one night a week. I think these changes are good, and that the next few months will go well. Like I said, I'm trying to be positive...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?