Monday, February 12, 2007

Dey wuz robbed!

I watched the Grammys last night and really enjoyed the show. Some of the performances were fantastic, and the overall production was pretty incredible. It's become a very smart show, taking a page from the Brit Awards book and focusing on the performances rather than the awards presentations. And no host, which works for them.

Some classic performances by Mary J. Blige, Chris Brown, Christina Aguilera doing James Brown and Rascal Flats (hate that name!) doing The Eagles, and Gnarls Barkley, of course. Speaking of... I couldn't and can't believe that The Dixie Chicks won record of the year over Crazy (by Gnarls). WTF?! I like and respect The Dixie Chicks and I'm glad they won a fistful of awards, but this one definitely should have gone to Crazy. That song is the Shit. Period.

In other news, work is going well but stressing me out so much that sleep is already becoming a problem. This is not a good sign, but once an early hurdle in the process is overcome by next week things will calm down for a good few weeks before the actual planning of the big event begins. Then things will get crazy again, but hopefully not so bad as they are right now and not so bad as last year. A lot depends on what happens in the next week, so wish me luck.

I can't complain, however, because my job still allows me to do things like go to story time at the library with my sweet F. It's so nice to watch her little face as the librarian reads the story, the wonder-filled expressions passing over it like cloud shadows on a bright breezy day.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?