Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Semi-mandatory weekend post

The weekend was a good one, rather busy but just right. I went over to my friend's house on Friday evening and just got to talk with her without children interrupting us every 3 seconds. She's a very cool person and it was good to just relax with her (and a couple of Kilkennys). The family and I went to our old neighbour's new home for supper on Sunday and had a good time. She's so funny; She's 92 and uses a walker so we pitch in and help her out when we go there. She says that she loves that, but she stands behind or beside you the whole time you're doing, say, the dishes, and tells you in minute detail just how you should be doing it. It's quite amusing...in small doses. D is so funny with her, always teasing her and making jokes about her and "old people these days". She has a good sense of humour and is quite deaf, so it all just kind of slides by.

My oldest child slept over at a friend's Sunday night (no school Monday due to the election) and we sure did miss her. She called me at about 9:30 Sunday evening and she was so adorable on the phone that I wanted to run over there and give her a big squeeze before bed. I thought about her all the time, and the younger kids missed her a lot. I hope she doesn't hate me when she's a teenager; I think it would break my heart.

I'm at work today, and just about to start the things on my "to do" list. Hmm, let's see... blog post -- check!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?