Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Udder Crap

There was nothing on TV last night (well, unless you think Dancing with the Stars is something) so I watched part of the second Bridget Jones movie on CBC. Why was this on? More importantly, why does this movie exist? I spent so much time tutting and sighing while watching it I'm surprised I have any saliva left.

I've never been able to understand the Bridget Jones thing, really, but I could tolerate the first movie because the Darcy character is compelling (thanks to Jane Austen, not whatsherface). In this one the central plaguing question is always before us: Why oh why would anyone -- never mind someone smart and rich and gorgeous like Mr. Darcy -- give that horrible woman the time of day, never mind love her with all their heart and soul? Being clumsy and awkward is only cute if you're cute to begin with. On Bridget Jones it just makes you wonder why nobody ever taught her to do anything properly. The book/movie would seem to hang on her likeability, but I don't see that there is any likeability there, so it all falls apart for me.

Once again I'm dissing something about 10 years after its popularity has waned. Blame the CBC and their crap TV programming.

And have a nice day!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?