Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Whelmed

Sorry, dear readers, for not having posted in a long time. I get very little time to write on the blog, and lately every time I've tried to, Blogger has wanted me to jump through a couple of hoops to switch over to its new version, and I haven't had the time for hoop-jumping.

Yes, I have been that busy. Both of my jobs have demanded a lot of time lately, or should I say all three of my jobs, because I am still really a full-time mother-at-home despite the fact that I also work as a writer and (for a few months) producer. So yeah, boohoo hoo, I'm so busy and tired blah blah blah. When I feel sorry for myself I remind myself of a woman I saw last week at the bowling alley. She was a waitress for many years at 2 of our favourite local restaurants and now works at the casse-croute in the bowling alley. Anyway, we were catching up with her and learned that she has raised 4 children on her waitress salary, working all the long, exhausting hours that that job entails, for the really crap money that that entails. I can hardly imagine. I'm lucky that my education and a whole lot of good luck has landed me in a pretty sweet place, picking my own work and making decent money doing interesting (if stressful) work. So it's fine. Busy is fine. I'm lucky.

The kids' "spring" break was very nice. I worked from home in order to be with them and we did some really fun things, covering most of the items on their "Spring Break Wish Lists" -- Briefly: we went toboganning, to the Planetarium, bowling with friends, to the mountain to walk in the woods, they slept over at their grandma's and went to a movie, breakfast and a museum, we went walking around Sherbrooke street and visited an old friend and went out for lunch. I think that's most of what we did. Oh yeah, and my daughter broke her arm playing on a snow (well, ice) hill at the park. It wouldn't be a holiday without an injury, would it?

Whew!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?