Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Luck

Yesterday morning as I was taking F. over to the babysitter's house I stopped in the middle of the busy street and shouted -- shouted! "Well look at that!" I was the lucky finder of 50 smackeroos. There were 2 twenties and two fives, folded over and lying there in the rain, getting run over repeatedly by cars. Being a kindhearted soul I adopted the poor wretches and offered them the shelter of my backpack (specifically my agenda, where they could dry nice and straight between the pages). Whoever lost the money, I'm sorry for your misfortune, and I'm not being ironic. It found a good home with me. Until I spent it. At least it has fulfilled its moneyish destiny and hasn't ended up a soggy pulp in the street.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?