Tuesday, May 22, 2007

May

Well, the big rush of May celebrations is over now. We had my little one's 3rd birthday (with party), Mother's Day (with illness), my birthday (nice!), and D's and my wedding anniversary (we had to be reminded of this by our daughter, but when we remembered we went out to dinner -- alone! -- to our favourite Indian place. Excellent.) The beautiful weather has returned and I've been enjoying sipping coffee and reading out on the deck. How did we live without a deck?

The season finale of Heroes was sooo good. I did not see the solution to the nuclear man scenario coming. My belief in Nathan was justified. What a sad ending -- so Iron Giant-like! (If you haven't seen The Iron Giant you should.) The only false note was the cheerleader's response (or lack of same) to the death of her beloved uncle and her newly-discovered biological father. Some weeping and rending of garments would have been a more appropriate response than the "Oh well. What should we do now?" that they gave us. The hints dropped about Volume Two were tantalizing. Sweet!

Comments:
I saw that ending solution very early in the season, so I was a little peeved that they used it when they could have done something more clever. I really enjoyed the season, but I expected a better finale. Next season looks pretty good, and of course "Origins" this summer - sweet!
 
You're smarter than I am! I liked that it was such a personal and redeeming solution, but I hate to think that I won't see Peter Petrelli again; he's so damn cute.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?