Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The wages of sin

I've been suitably punished for my earlier happiness about finishing up my contract. Niggling work-related loose ends have eaten up a lot of my free time of late, while I got a load of writing work from my other employer. Unfortunately, on Friday I was hit full-force with a repeat of the illness I had exactly one month ago and couldn't get out of bed until Sunday afternoon. My writing work had to be given back to the team with my apologies (written for me by my hubby, as I couldn't get out of bed).

Mother's day was not as wonderful as it would have been if I hadn't been sick, but I was at least able to enjoy a little family gathering on my bed, with beautiful artwork by my children, including a gogeous painting by my son and a pop-up card by my older daughter and a card with a drawing of the whole family done by my little girl (She's just started drawing people, and we're all pretty thrilled, especially her). I also scored a new and very elaborate wallet from D., who hates the fact that I always have a piece-of-shit wallet that's falling apart and dropping my change all over the supermarket floor. (I, on the other hand, think that this is part of my irresistible charm.) Like my daughter said, it's a Mother's Day I'll remember, for good reasons as well as bad.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?