Monday, June 18, 2007

Misc.

I can't believe how long this weather is holding on! Today is a perfect day, not too hot, no humidity to speak of, delicious light breeze. Perfect for drying clothes on the line and sitting under a tree in the park with my sweet girl. We're going on vacation (including camping. Yikes!) next week, so let's hope the beautiful weather sticks around for that.

Father's day was extra special this year. Our friend threw a little brunch party for her favourite dads (including her husband, mine and one other). What a feast! Quiche, fruit galore, potato latkes (my contribution), bagels, croissants, crepes... The kids had a great time and the parents got to chat and listen to tunes. Relaxing and rewarding.

I visited my own father on Saturday, as well as my mother (they're divorced, but live in the same neighbourhood). My father is looking very old these days, older than he probably "should" for his age, a situation I attribute to a relatively reclusive and sedentary lifestyle. It's the life he wants, I'm pretty sure, but I don't think it's great for him physically. There's not much motivation to get up and go for a walk when you're alone, y'know? Problem is, you can't make people live the way you would like them to live. This might be especially true of one's parents.

I've just finished doing a whack of writing for CitizenShift, for a dossier on garbage and recycling. It's fascinating stuff, really. If you have a moment to watch some film clips, have a gander at the site. As I've said before it's a great way to become more informed. (Actually, the garbage dossier isn't up yet, so check back for that in a couple days.)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?