Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Posting for the sake of posting

We are rushing headlong into summer, with all of its child-related activity. Already the kids have started soccer (4 nights/week) and swim team (4 nights/week) and they're still at school. My older daughter is going on an overnight camping trip with her class, to a camp up north that is owned by the school. (She is doing a year-long programme in a school for children with disabilities.) It sounds like it's going to be a great bonding experience for the class, and a wonderful way to end the year. It's a shame that it's so unbelievably cold!

I went to see the film Waitress last night. I don't recommend it, but it wasn't the worst movie I've seen. I saw The Party for the first time the other night on DVD and absolutely loved it. Not just because it made me bray like a donkey (laughing); I loved the nuanced character of of Bakshi and how subtly the social dynamics were portrayed. I thought it was a very generous and open-hearted film.

Not much time to write anything today, but I thought a new post was in order. I'll get back to you soon with something you can sink your teeth into...promise!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?