Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Update II

The day before we left on our little holiday I received a very nice letter in the mail from the place where I'd interviewed, saying that I didn't get the job. It's what I expected, and to be honest I didn't even feel a twinge of disappointment. I felt all along that they were interviewing me out of curiosity and for future consideration. They would have to be crazy to hire me for this, a full-time teaching position, replacing a teacher with a full course load. So they hired someone with many years of experience, which is good. I hope that they'll consider me for part-time, as that's how I would prefer to start. In the meantime I will continue to make applications elsewhere and think about how I can boost my qualifications.

I think that doing the interview was a great opportunity for me. I look back on it and see what I would do differently next time, and what worked well for me. It was a valuable experience and I'm still pretty chuffed that they even considered me. I'm pretty hopeful that it's not the last interview I'll get, and feel good that the next one will be even better.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?