Thursday, November 15, 2007

For Squirrel

It's a rainy day, kind of chilly, but I feel happy for some reason. Well, there are lots of reasons to be happy but what I mean is that the weather isn't getting me down.

The students' union at the college where I work has called a strike to last through tomorrow. Classes are supposed to be held as usual, and Continuing Education isn't supposed to be affected at all, but one of my students in tonight's class e-mailed me and told me that his Cont. Ed. classes last night had two students each in them. Hmmmm!

So I'm not sure what to expect tonight. The thing is this was going to be an important class, as I've prepared a lecture that attempts (and succeeds in the attempt, I think) to tie all of the novels we've done on the course together and give a macro look at their place in the Can Lit tradition. I even told the students last week to make sure to come tonight because I have this kick-ass lecture prepared. I know it's not the release of the newest version of Halo or anything, so I didn't expect them to care, but I was kind of excited about it!

Oh well, we'll have to wait and see. I can always do that lecture next week instead, or "review" it for those who take advantage of the strike to skip tonight.

Oh, and my sister moved to Ottawa last week. She is one of my best friends and well, my sister, so I'm not happy to have her living away from Montreal, but it's not too far and I'm very happy for her and excited about this new stage in her life, an exciting new job and life in a new place. Good luck A.!

Comments:
It definitely not as far as some of the places I've lived. You have to come it's soooo great! Maybe you and Una could come down by bus for a weekend. Or you could come with Patrick on a Friday night and go back with him on Monday morning?
I was just thinking last night when reading your blog about how you came to say good-bye to me at Momesso before you left for Halifax. I remember that you had tears in your eyes and it was dso hard to say good-bye (especially in a full restaurant). I remembered how I felt shocked that you would come and that the emotion in your eyes was so tangible. I hadn't realized you loved me that much and it made me so full inside to know - really know.

I've had to say good-bye so often that I really enjoyed this time because there was no party or big farewell - like I wasn't going far.
I don't feel very far but being able to read your blog has made a difference these last two days.

If you only get two people in your class (which I doubt as they like your class and the way you teach - so their bound to come)they'll hear about your kick-ass lecture and how much the two students that attended got so much out of it 'cause they had all of your attention!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?